Procurement and T&E Expenses
(US$4 Billion Telecommunication Company)
- Despite company size, procurement activities and T&E expenses were managed mostly manually and using spreadsheets.
- Due to the above, daily activities were not processed consistently, audit trial was weak including the bidding process.
- As the company was publicly traded, the end to end process needed to be improved and standardized to be SOX compliant.
- Our mandate was to identify and implement software that met their requirements and was cost-effective.
- Made quick cost comparison between an on-premise vs cloud-based solutions. The former was the winner.
- Researched cloud-based solutions based on software company reputation and stability, software flexibility, cost per user and implementation time.
- Presented three options and facilitated the vendor selection process.
- Facilitated configuration decisions and coordinated Users’ training.
- Oversaw the creation of an interface with an ERP system.
- The selected cloud-based solution went live after 4 months of contract signing.
- Software functionality enabled the company to have better controls, automated approval workflows, and strong reporting capabilities.
- The new environment became SOX compliant.