top of page
Energy Efficiency Incentive Process and Risk Review
($1.5 Billion Energy Consulting Firm)
- This Firm runs Energy Conservation Programs on behalf of Utility Companies across North America.
- Residential and Business Accounts are entitled to a rebate if certain requirements are met.
- Due to the high number of transactions, the objective of this project was to develop actionable recommendations for improving process efficiencies and minimizing financial risk (e.g. overpaying rebates)
- For each selected program, we performed the following:
- Interviewed Program Managers to obtain an overview of key pain points, risks, and concerns.
- Reviewed relevant program documentation including process maps, contracts, and status tracking models.
- Performed walkthroughs of the selected programs.
- Ascertained degree of compliance with internal policies.
- Identified financial risks and opportunities to improve processes.
- Assessed the robustness of the performance metrics being used.
- Centralization of the risk management function including the roll-out of a software solution.
- Automation of the rebate application entry process.
- Utilization of ACH or another form of paperless transaction for Rebate Payments.
- Implementation of Robotic Process Automation (RPA) to automate the Quality Control (QC) Process.
- Launching a process improvement program to streamline/standardize processes and reduce operating costs.
bottom of page